Han Thit

Tips and guidelines on gaining a work visa/sponsored as a college graduate from the United States.

Hello, 

I am originally from Burma, but currently studying in the United States for university. I am set to graduate in 2 years time, but I plan on going a route that is alternative to my peers and plan on working in Australia. I have not worked in Australia before, although I have internship experience in Burma. The reason being that my uncle is an Australian citizen himself, and I always admired the standard of living of the country. I am aware of the skilled migration points test, and employer sponsorships but that is as far as my knowledge on emigrating to Australia for work experience goes. I don’t necessarily plan on getting a permanent residence, while that would be great if possible . My main goal is to gain solid work experience in the country, for 4-5 years. I wanted to inquire about guidelines and tips from people who have gone down the same path that I have and how hard is it for me to gain work as a business student.