Jump to content

Visitor visa for parents of an Australian citizen

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kalyanasundarm said:

Sir, My son has acquired Australian citizenship.  He is now in melbourne.  Can we, as parents, get visa for a long duration stay? If yes, the procedure therefor may kindly be advised.

There are a few visa options, but you will need to assess your eligibility. 

Visitor visa (subclass 600) under either the sponsored family stream or tourist stream.

There is also a 3 or 5 year sponsored parent visa (subclass 870).


Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...