CebuGuy

Visitor visa for my girlfriend from the Philippines

How hard would it be to get a visitor visa for my girlfriend from the Philippines to come to Australia for a couple of weeks only. She doesn't work, but I send her and her son money every month and can support them in Australia as I have good job and own home. Just want her to come for 2 weeks in feb and if it does well then apply for a partner visa for her to stay. We have been in relationship for year and a half and I have visited her four times in the past.     

She needs to show some quite substantial ties to the Philippines for a successful tv. Not having a  job won't help. Usually having a steady job, business, property ownership or even a child or children that will be staying home is needed. On top of that, applying for a partner visa takes a lot of work and preparation. My Filipina wife and I took 12 months to prepare all evidence and docs and that was just for the PMV300. She will need a lot of documents from the Philippines which take a lot of time to get and it's easier doing it there than here in Oz. You are probably well aware on how Philippines beaurocracy works. Red tape everywhere

4 hours ago, CebuGuy said:

How hard would it be to get a visitor visa for my girlfriend from the Philippines to come to Australia for a couple of weeks only. She doesn't work, but I send her and her son money every month and can support them in Australia as I have good job and own home. Just want her to come for 2 weeks in feb and if it does well then apply for a partner visa for her to stay. We have been in relationship for year and a half and I have visited her four times in the past.     

A common mistake resulting in lots of failures is focusing on the Australian partner. The application is all about the applicant. You need to make sure you focus on incentives for her to return

11 hours ago, CebuGuy said:

It is primarily an assessment of her circumstances that will determine whether she meet the genuine temporary entrant criterion which can be found in clause 600.211 of the Migration Regulations. Many factors are taken into consideration, including, but not limited to her nationality, employment, age, family ties in own country, previous immigration history/compliance. Whilst your letter of support may assist her application, it is up the Department as to exactly how much weight is attached to your support.

Additionally, to apply for a partner visa in Australia, she must be in Australia at time of application and holding a visa which does not have the condition 8503 no further stay attached. To be eligible for a partner too, you must be either legally married or in a de facto relationship, and meet the relationship criterion which can be found in the Migration Act and Regulations. 

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in obtaining a visitor visa for your girlfriend from the Philippines to visit Australia. You can also read more related information here: Taking my Filipino girlfriend to Australia for a holiday

Luke (Lucan) Gorham LL.B

Solicitor

Registered Migration Agent (MARN 0964676)

Contact me at Australian Visa Advice

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

thanks community. I've done some research and it seems it might be quite a challenge to get her a visitor visa. I read elsewhere that the chances of success would be better with me sponsoring her on a sponsored visitor visa, but I may have to pay a security bond to guarantee that she leaves Australia. This I am totally prepared to do. @Luke G you mentioned condition 8503 and from my reading the sponsored visa will have this. Is this a good or a bad thing? I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get her here to Australia. 

38 minutes ago, CebuGuy said:

thanks community. I've done some research and it seems it might be quite a challenge to get her a visitor visa. I read elsewhere that the chances of success would be better with me sponsoring her on a sponsored visitor visa, but I may have to pay a security bond to guarantee that she leaves Australia. This I am totally prepared to do. @Luke G you mentioned condition 8503 and from my reading the sponsored visa will have this. Is this a good or a bad thing? I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get her here to Australia. 

She would not be eligible for a sponsored family visitor visa as you are either not married to her, or are not her de facto partner. The appropriate visa would be a subclass 600 visitor visa under the tourist stream.  

If condition 8503 is attached to a visa it prevents the person for applying for another visa whilst they are in Australia. If they want to make a further visa application, say a partner visa application for example, then they will have to do so once they are outside of Australia (offshore). 

For more information see here: What is Condition 8503?

Luke (Lucan) Gorham LL.B

Solicitor

Registered Migration Agent (MARN 0964676)

Contact me at Australian Visa Advice

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Just adding to this. It is mandatory for condition 8503 to be imposed on a sponsored family visitor visa, whereas it may be imposed on a visitor visa under the tourist stream.