Joha

Sponsorship Application

Hi everyone,
I have a question since I have found different information about this.
I am just starting my application for de facto relationship, I live together with my partner in Australia. The application of the sponsorship must be done before the Partner Visa application?, and if not, at what time should I do that sponsor application:  after having made the payment of the Partner Visa application? Thank you very much in advance.

5 minutes ago, Joha said:

Hi everyone,
I have a question since I have found different information about this.
I am just starting my application for de facto relationship, I live together with my partner in Australia. The application of the sponsorship must be done before the Partner Visa application?, and if not, at what time should I do that sponsor application:  after having made the payment of the Partner Visa application? Thank you very much in advance.

That is not correct. The partner visa application is done first. After the application is submitted and the visa application charge has been paid, then the sponsorship can be done. 

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Just now, AFV said:

That is not correct. The partner visa application is done first. After the application is submitted and the visa application charge has been paid, then the sponsorship can be done. 

Agreed. After the partner visa application has been submitted you with then have the Application ID or Transaction Reference number, either of which is then needed to submit the sponsorship.

Luke (Lucan) Gorham LL.B

Solicitor

Registered Migration Agent (MARN 0964676)

Contact me at Australian Visa Advice

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

For the sponsorship application: 

Did anyone find the attachment session (after you submitted) irrelevant for the Australian Sponsor? For example, it asks for NZ citizenship certificate and etc? Do sponsor still need to upload documents on this sponsorship application? As all sponsor's information (e.g., certificate, identity) have been already been uploaded in the primary application.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, hwy687 said:

For the sponsorship application: 

Did anyone find the attachment session (after you submitted) irrelevant for the Australian Sponsor? For example, it asks for NZ citizenship certificate and etc? Do sponsor still need to upload documents on this sponsorship application? As all sponsor's information (e.g., certificate, identity) have been already been uploaded in the primary application.

Thanks!

The attachment section covers a lot of different visas. Just upload what is relevant to yours.

I uploaded a few things specific to me as the sponsor. Police checks IDs divorce certificates etc