Jack2020

Sponsoring brother for Australian visa

Respected friends, my sister is a Australian citizen.she is willing to sponsor me to Australia (permanently), so I am kindly requesting you  to please provide me some information. I am 45 years old. Indian citizen. I am the only one brother.

1) s there any  way she can sponsor me?

2) If it is possible to do, what visa would be that? 

Please kindly help me with this matter.

Thanks

On 1/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, Jack2020 said:

Respected friends, my sister is an Australian citizen. She is willing to sponsor me to Australia (permanently), so I am kindly requesting you  to please provide me some information. I am 45 years old. Indian citizen. I am the only one brother.

1) s there any  way she can sponsor me?

2) If it is possible to do, what visa would be that? 

Please kindly help me with this matter.

Thanks

The only visa I can think of for your sister to sponsor you to migrate to Australia is a Remaining Relative Visa. To be eligible for this visa you (or your partner) must not have any near relatives that ordinarily live outside of Australia. 

For remaining relative visas, your near relative is your:

• parent or step-parent
  • partner's parent or step-parent
  • sibling or step-sibling
  • child or stepchild who is 18 or older and not dependent on you
  • child or stepchild who is under 18 and not in your or your partner's daily care and control

The Department does not consider how much contact you have with someone whether they are your near relative.

Even if you do qualify for a Remaining Relative Visa, you should be aware that current processing timeframe exceeds 10 years from date of application.

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.