Astrid

Applied for daughter tourist visa subclass 600 through immi account on 3rd dec still no response

Hi , 

i applies my daughters tourist visa on 3rd Dec and so far no response. In immi account it says received and timeline is 26-27 days which has past already . Is there anyone else in same stage . Thx 

Astrid 

18 hours ago, Astrid said:

Hi , 

i applies my daughters tourist visa on 3rd Dec and so far no response. In immi account it says received and timeline is 26-27 days which has past already . Is there anyone else in same stage . Thx 

Astrid 

I applied for my brother and it says "Further assessment" with estimated time around 35-45 days. Applied on 12th Dec. 

2 hours ago, Flemingo said:

I applied here in Australia. Applicant is living in Pakistan 

Are you sure it wasn't under the sponsored family stream (subclass 600).

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

21 hours ago, AFV said:

Are you sure it wasn't under the sponsored family stream (subclass 600).

It is under family stream, Family stream needs to be applied here in Australia. Normal visit visa needs to be applied overseas. 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, Flemingo said:

I applied for my brother and it says "Further assessment" with estimated time around 35-45 days. Applied on 12th Dec. 

Hi , did you hear anything about your visa application. Mine just changed timeline from 16-27 days to 17-28 days but it’s 50+ days now since applied . Thx 

5 hours ago, Flemingo said:

It is under family stream, Family stream needs to be applied here in Australia. Normal visit visa needs to be applied overseas. 

That's not really correct.

You are still within the standard processing time as the average times are based on business days. Unfortunately sponsored tourist visas (that's what it sounds like you have applied for) take longer to process and it's a busy time of year for tourist visas so they tend to take longer. At least with him being in Australia and lodging in Australia he would of gotten a bridging visa to cover a gap if there is one between the old visa and the new.

5 hours ago, Flemingo said:

Your opening post referred to applying for a tourist visa. Given the length of processing I was merely trying to ascertain whether you had applied under the tourist stream, which now we have learn't you haven't. A subclass 600 visitor visa has both a tourist stream and a sponsored family visitor stream. Processing takes considerably longer for applications under the sponsored family visitor stream.

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, Flemingo said:

Any update? 

I applied my daughter through my immi account on the 20 January and got the result on 14 Feb.  The longest waiting I ever had, before it took only 3 days and the saddest part it was denied. 😭

14 hours ago, Astrid said:

Jakarta embassy , no request to provide anything yet . Did you receive that request ? 

Yes, provided biometrics and still waiting. Maybe it’s a peak processing period due to university intakes. Have you tried contacting the embassy for an update?