Sign in to follow this  
Dzopan

Partner Visa

Hello all,

Me(Australian) and my fiancée(Albanian) are currently living in Austria. We plan to move together to Australia around July. I have been reading many different forum's but I would like to get some information from someone that has passed the procedure.

Since I have been living in Austria for the last 5 years and I did not have any registered earnings in Australia is it better to:

- Start the procedure from outside of Australia (Sub 309).

- Move 2-3 months before her to Australia find a job ( I work in IT field so should not be a problem), then get her a visitor visa, and then apply for a partner visa (Sub 820) while she is in Australia.

If we start the procedure from outside, is she allowed to enter Australia with me in July or she again needs a separate visitor visa? 

If we decide to apply for it from Australia, when the visitor visa expires and she is staying because of applying for partner visa (sub 820), is she allowed to work in that period, while she is still waiting for a response for the temporary visa?

Also do you recommend taking a Migration agent, or by slowly following all steps, it's possible to do it all alone without big stress?

Hopefully someone has the accurate information for me.

Thank you guys upfront. 

Cheers

3 hours ago, Dzopan said:

Hello all,

Me(Australian) and my fiancée(Albanian) are currently living in Austria. We plan to move together to Australia around July. I have been reading many different forum's but I would like to get some information from someone that has passed the procedure.

Since I have been living in Austria for the last 5 years and I did not have any registered earnings in Australia is it better to:

- Start the procedure from outside of Australia (Sub 309).

- Move 2-3 months before her to Australia find a job ( I work in IT field so should not be a problem), then get her a visitor visa, and then apply for a partner visa (Sub 820) while she is in Australia.

If we start the procedure from outside, is she allowed to enter Australia with me in July or she again needs a separate visitor visa? 

If we decide to apply for it from Australia, when the visitor visa expires and she is staying because of applying for partner visa (sub 820), is she allowed to work in that period, while she is still waiting for a response for the temporary visa?

Also do you recommend taking a Migration agent, or by slowly following all steps, it's possible to do it all alone without big stress?

Hopefully someone has the accurate information for me.

Thank you guys upfront. 

Cheers

If you are good with paperwork and research then you can apply on your own.

You working won't impact things.

If you apply offshore then for your partner to come to Australia would have to get a seperate visa and abide by its conditions.

To apply onshore your partner would need a visitor visa without the 8503 condition. After applying you get a bridging visa which will only kick in after the tourist visa terms have lapsed, once the bridging visa is activated then they can work

On 1/25/2020 at 6:12 AM, Aussie_83 said:

If you are good with paperwork and research then you can apply on your own.

You working won't impact things.

If you apply offshore then for your partner to come to Australia would have to get a separate visa and abide by its conditions.

To apply onshore your partner would need a visitor visa without the 8503 condition. After applying you get a bridging visa which will only kick in after the tourist visa terms have lapsed, once the bridging visa is activated then they can work

Thank you for the information.

All the best.

I am also Australian, living in Austria (partner is Austrian) and we applied for the offshore 309 visa in september 2019. We did it ourselves, but we also had a one-off skype convo with a migration agent once we thought we had everything prepared to make sure we were on the right track and to see if we were missing anything. It is doable yourself, it just requires a lot of time, patience and effort. 

We haven't yet heard anything but I am also going back to Australia soon to find a job and my partner will join me in a few months on a visitor visa if it hasnt been approved by then.

my biggest piece of advice is start sooner rather than later. Once you pay you dont have to upload all of the documents straight away, and it is highly unlikely that you will hear anything for months, so you still have time to get evidence together.. But once you pay your application joins the really long queue... 

On 1/29/2020 at 4:02 PM, Aussiepeanut said:

I am also Australian, living in Austria (partner is Austrian) and we applied for the offshore 309 visa in september 2019. We did it ourselves, but we also had a one-off skype convo with a migration agent once we thought we had everything prepared to make sure we were on the right track and to see if we were missing anything. It is doable yourself, it just requires a lot of time, patience and effort. 

We haven't yet heard anything but I am also going back to Australia soon to find a job and my partner will join me in a few months on a visitor visa if it hasnt been approved by then.

my biggest piece of advice is start sooner rather than later. Once you pay you don't have to upload all of the documents straight away, and it is highly unlikely that you will hear anything for months, so you still have time to get evidence together.. But once you pay your application joins the really long queue... 

Thanks for the informations.

Could you give me some approx. prices of document translation in Austria, medical check etc. 

If I get stuck on something, hope it will not be a problem to text you for help.

Cheers mate. 

we used https://www.germanyts.de/ to translate documents and they were really fast and professional. If you gather all your documents to be translated at the same time it will work out cheaper - otherwise its about 20 euro per page, but depends on the document type.. you can just send them scans of all the documents and they will give you a quote. 

Medical costs 280 Euro and there is only one doctor in Vienna who can do it 

https://www.ambulatorium.com/en/australia,3470.html

Yes of course, happy to help - Just a bit busy moving at the moment so it might take me a little while to reply! 

On 2/3/2020 at 11:35 AM, Aussiepeanut said:

we used https://www.germanyts.de/ to translate documents and they were really fast and professional. If you gather all your documents to be translated at the same time it will work out cheaper - otherwise its about 20 euro per page, but depends on the document type.. you can just send them scans of all the documents and they will give you a quote. 

Medical costs 280 Euro and there is only one doctor in Vienna who can do it 

https://www.ambulatorium.com/en/australia,3470.html

Yes of course, happy to help - Just a bit busy moving at the moment so it might take me a little while to reply! 

Hi mate, did you get any update about your  visa ? Covid situation changed so much plans for this year. 

Just a couple of questions. Did u apply as de-facto couple? Did you apply for a visitor visa for her to visit and what was the duration she got?