Bazz

Problem with migration agent

Hello

Some advice please.  I signed a contract with a Mara accredited agent in Australia and paid 2400 upfront then the balance some month later. 

Initially they seemed helpful until I paid the first fee, then he was too busy and I dealt with his assistant.  They never responded to questions, their pdf system for filling details failed.  Mostly I was very concerned with their lack of responding to even emails. 

They finally contacted me asking for my phone number then still didn't contact me. 

At that point I felt like I was being taken for a ride, so contacted them and tole them that I was not going to continue using them as their lack of contact was not acceptable. 

My question is how or should I bother taking them to court for a refund as they have refused such and cited that they had tried to contact me on numerous occasions but would not supply me with the details of these supposed attempts to contact me

3 hours ago, Bazz said:

Hello

Some advice please.  I signed a contract with a Mara accredited agent in Australia and paid 2400 upfront then the balance some month later. 

Initially they seemed helpful until I paid the first fee, then he was too busy and I dealt with his assistant.  They never responded to questions, their pdf system for filling details failed.  Mostly I was very concerned with their lack of responding to even emails. 

They finally contacted me asking for my phone number then still didn't contact me. 

At that point I felt like I was being taken for a ride, so contacted them and tole them that I was not going to continue using them as their lack of contact was not acceptable. 

My question is how or should I bother taking them to court for a refund as they have refused such and cited that they had tried to contact me on numerous occasions but would not supply me with the details of these supposed attempts to contact me

First step would be making a complaint here

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/resolving-disputes-with-your-agent/make-a-complaint-about-an-agent/

Thank your lucky stars you choose a registered mara agent because if you choose a self appointed agent like many here you have no comeback at all and should kiss you money goodbye. 

9 minutes ago, Electric Sheep said:

First step would be making a complaint here

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/resolving-disputes-with-your-agent/make-a-complaint-about-an-agent/

Thank your lucky stars you choose a registered mara agent because if you choose a self appointed agent like many here you have no comeback at all and should kiss you money goodbye. 

You are pushing the boundaries. You are making unsubstantiated claims against members of this forum. Next out of line post will be your last.  

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

11 minutes ago, AFV said:

You are pushing the boundaries. You are making unsubstantiated claims against members of this forum. Next out of line post will be your last.  

I think that is long overdue. 

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

3 hours ago, Bazz said:

Hello

Best course of action would be a formal complaint to OMARA.

2 minutes ago, Bazz said:

My post is pushing the boundries how?

Your post is fine. 

1 hour ago, Bazz said:

My post is pushing the boundries how?

Yes I registeted a complaint about two weeks ago

Not your post, it was a response to @Electric Sheep

1 hour ago, AFV said:

As someone who claims to be legally qualified, how about you read my post again and actually read what it says instead of what you think it says. 

Just now, Electric Sheep said:

As someone who claims to be legally qualified, how about you read my post again and actually read what it says instead of what you think it says. 

Some of our members are very reputable offshore visa agents. Please just keep it civil. Not much to ask. 

15 minutes ago, AFV said:

Some of our members are very reputable offshore visa agents. Please just keep it civil. Not much to ask. 

There was nothing uncivil in my post, you just miss understood what you read as you have your nose out if joint since last time you took it upon yourself to try and ban me and it effects your judgement. 

Happy for you to correct my claim and explain what comeback a person has against a self appointed agent in some developing foreign country then that person is in. 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, Bazz said:

Yes I registeted a complaint about two weeks ago

It takes time, will mostly likely take several weeks before they even look at it.

They should contact you shortly an tell you they are looking into it.

Once they do and the agent becomes aware of them looking at it you will most likely see action by the agent to resolve it very very quickly.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:57 PM, Electric Sheep said:

Happy for you to correct my claim and explain what comeback a person has against a self appointed agent in some developing foreign country then that person is in. 

Very very silent here both @AFV and @Thai Visa Express seem to be advoiding answering. Seems I have bought to light the dirty little secret they seem to want to avoid answering, that if people use a self appointed agent or unregistered agent (not sure what the best term is to discribe it) like I have said have zero protection or chance of getting there money back such as I the case of the OP. 

14 hours ago, Electric Sheep said:

Very very silent here both @AFV and @Thai Visa Express seem to be advoiding answering. Seems I have bought to light the dirty little secret they seem to want to avoid answering, that if people use a self appointed agent or unregistered agent (not sure what the best term is to discribe it) like I have said have zero protection or chance of getting there money back such as I the case of the OP. 

@Electric Sheep you clearly live a very unhappy life, are you lonely? No other member in the forum rants, just you.

No problem with refunds from us. We work on a no visa no fee. We are fully invested in the success of the outcome of all visa applications we submit. We won't submit an application unless we believe it meets the criteria for the grant of the subclass of visa applied for. We don't get refusals.    

2 hours ago, Thai Visa Express said:

@Electric Sheep you clearly live a very unhappy life, are you lonely? No other member in the forum rants, just you.

No problem with refunds from us. We work on a no visa no fee. We are fully invested in the success of the outcome of all visa applications we submit. We won't submit an application unless we believe it meets the criteria for the grant of the subclass of visa applied for. We don't get refusals.    

Interesting that is very different and not what your website says.

From you website:

The terms of our visa service are you agree to pay the sum of 10,000 THB Deposit which is Non Refundable.

If you do not receive your visa you do not pay any further fees & our contract is terminated.

Also interesting that you have said that you are not a registered Migration agent in Australia. Yet to be doing this 

Call us today in Australia –0436-008-053 for a free visa assessment today. (Taken from your website )

You need to be registered, so it appears you are either breaking the law in Australia and operating illegally or deceiving your potential clients.

How do you explain this? 

@Electric Sheep despite repeated warnings, continue to make unfounded allegations against members of this forum. Consider yourself permanently banned.  

1 hour ago, Electric Sheep said:

Interesting that is very different and not what your website says.

From you website:

The terms of our visa service are you agree to pay the sum of 10,000 THB Deposit which is Non Refundable.

If you do not receive your visa you do not pay any further fees & our contract is terminated.

Also interesting that you have said that you are not a registered Migration agent in Australia. Yet to be doing this 

Call us today in Australia –0436-008-053 for a free visa assessment today. (Taken from your website )

You need to be registered, so it appears you are either breaking the law in Australia and operating illegally or deceiving your potential clients.

How do you explain this? 

Come and visit us in our office in Pattaya, Thailand.