travellust

Transit VIsa 771 Declined - Reason 771.212

Hi Everyone,

I'm a NZ resident and my wife's partnership visa just got approved and I booked her the tickets from Chennai, India to Wellington, NZ via Melbourne.

So I applied for a transit visa as she has to travel through Australia. Transit Time - 3 hours and 10 minutes. ( Less than 72 hours ). Her transit visa got rejected stating Clause 771.212(a)

a) To pass through Australia in transit to another country. 

They also stated that they assessed following,

* Passport Copy

* Travel Itinerary

* NZ visa details. 

The above clearly shows that her destination is NZ ( AND ) her transit time in Melbourne is 3 hours 10 minutes ( AND ) Approved NZ visitor visa for 9 months.

Can anyone explain me why was it declined amidst all this? Is it worth re applying this time with the cover letter stating that im ( her husband ) resident in NZ and she is going there to join me?

Have anyone faced this situation before? Any help is much appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, travellust said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm a NZ resident and my wife's partnership visa just got approved and I booked her the tickets from Chennai, India to Wellington, NZ via Melbourne.

So I applied for a transit visa as she has to travel through Australia. Transit Time - 3 hours and 10 minutes. ( Less than 72 hours ). Her transit visa got rejected stating Clause 771.212(a)

a) To pass through Australia in transit to another country. 

They also stated that they assessed following,

* Passport Copy

* Travel Itinerary

* NZ visa details. 

The above clearly shows that her destination is NZ ( AND ) her transit time in Melbourne is 3 hours 10 minutes ( AND ) Approved NZ visitor visa for 9 months.

Can anyone explain me why was it declined amidst all this? Is it worth re applying this time with the cover letter stating that im ( her husband ) resident in NZ and she is going there to join me?

Have anyone faced this situation before? Any help is much appreciated. 

Did the refusal notification provide a statement of reasons why clause 771.212(a) was not satisfied?

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

18 hours ago, AFV said:

Did the refusal notification provide a statement of reasons why clause 771.212(a) was not satisfied?

No, it wasnt stated. It just says refused due to 771.212(a). I probably think, we havent mentioned anywhere in the application that her motive is to join me in NZ. So they have rejected it inspite of seeing the tickets are booked all the way to Wellington, NZ. 

In this case, do you think, writing a cover letter stating about oru marriage and my job offer letter here and payslips will make them believe er motive is to go to NZ ?

22 hours ago, travellust said:

No, it wasnt stated. It just says refused due to 771.212(a). I probably think, we havent mentioned anywhere in the application that her motive is to join me in NZ. So they have rejected it inspite of seeing the tickets are booked all the way to Wellington, NZ. 

In this case, do you think, writing a cover letter stating about oru marriage and my job offer letter here and payslips will make them believe er motive is to go to NZ ?

She should provide as much support evidence as you have which shows that she satisfies clause 771.212(a). A covering letter is a good idea, but actual evidence should also be provided.

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.