Jump to content

Moving states on 190 visa after 1 year since partner is working in another state on 457 visa

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone,

I am working in Victoria on visa subclass 457 and my fiancee is working in ACT (190 sponsored by ACT). We are getting Married in April. By the time we are getting married, I will have almost 1.5 years remaining on my 457 visa (it was a 4 year visa) and she will be completing only 1 year in ACT on 190 visa. We are in a catch 22 situation here. Since my employer is based out of Victoria (and visa subclass 457 is discontinued) I cannot move to ACT.  Since she is on 190 sponsored by ACT, she cannot move to Victoria. Applying for a partner visa is also tricky in our case because co-habitation is the primary condition for partner visa. 

We were thinking of options for getting 1 year stay (of the total 2 years) waived off for her so that she can move to Victoria with me.  Has anyone been through similar situation before or know any email contact of immigration to which we can request to waive off 1 year?

Appreciate if anyone can provide any lead on this.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...