Denise08

pregnant on a tourist visa

Hi,

I'm currently here in Melbourne on a tourist visa while waiting for the approval of our Prospective Marriage visa. We've been waiting for the approval for 16 months now.
I am also pregnant and will need to leave the country by April so I won't overstay as a tourist.
My concern is my due date will be on July. It means, if our PMV wont get an approval by that time, I will need to leave Australia again at around July.

Ive been following the rules and I dont want to overstay but I also dont want to risk my health and our soon-to-be baby traveling near my due date.
I dont think the airlines would even allow me.
My fiance and I aren't sure on what other options we have.. :(

Its obvious that when you leave in April you don't return before giving birth unless your PMV is granted soon

Just remember that a PMV can only be granted while you are offshore. If you are onshore they will ask you to leave. If you are heavily pregnant and unable to fly there is a chance they might refuse your visa 

Agree with what SammyJ has put, and we know where you are coming from. (while it can seem harsh at times we just give objective advice. it's a very subjective thing for the applicants obviously but advice must be objective as with the decision)
My wife and I were fortunate in the fact that 2 days after her visa approval we found out she was pregnant.

To be honest your options are really limited, the restriction of travel is something you are putting on yourself as you have the due date and it is your choice to be in the country close to that date and to put yourself in that position. 

Another consideration for you is if bub is born and they contact you to leave the country, will you be able to leave bub behind for a week (it can take that long after you exit the country) I say this as you wont be able to get a passport for the baby that quick and wouldn't be able to travel that young.

Having said all that I hope your visa is resolved before any of this becomes a chance, but need to say it as its important that try not to you both to minimise stress so just have some clear stargies in place before hand.

All the best!

16 hours ago, Aussie_83 said:

Agree with what SammyJ has put, and we know where you are coming from. (while it can seem harsh at times we just give objective advice. it's a very subjective thing for the applicants obviously but advice must be objective as with the decision)
My wife and I were fortunate in the fact that 2 days after her visa approval we found out she was pregnant.

To be honest your options are really limited, the restriction of travel is something you are putting on yourself as you have the due date and it is your choice to be in the country close to that date and to put yourself in that position. 

Another consideration for you is if bub is born and they contact you to leave the country, will you be able to leave bub behind for a week (it can take that long after you exit the country) I say this as you wont be able to get a passport for the baby that quick and wouldn't be able to travel that young.

Having said all that I hope your visa is resolved before any of this becomes a chance, but need to say it as its important that try not to you both to minimise stress so just have some clear stargies in place before hand.

All the best!

No worries @aussie_83
Thanks for the advise :)