Denise08

Converting from offshore 300 to 309 (NEED HELP)

Hi all,

We would like to seek for an advise.
We submitted offshore 300 back in Nov 2018 and still no progress.

I've been here in Australia for a tourist visa, since December 2018 living in with my fiance and currently pregnant.

We're thinking of converting our application from 200 to 309.

Our proof would be our living situation for more than a year now and my current situation (37 weeks pregnant).

(We know that I will still need to go back to my country before approval even if the application was converted)

Questions are:

1. Will it be a good idea to convert it to 309 now? we're worried we'll wait for another year again just to get an approval.

2. We're not married yet since obviously we're waiting for the approval of our 300 application, but if we submit that we've been living in now, is that enough proof?

On 6/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, Denise08 said:

Hi all,

We would like to seek for an advise.
We submitted offshore 300 back in Nov 2018 and still no progress.

I've been here in Australia for a tourist visa, since December 2018 living in with my fiance and currently pregnant.

We're thinking of converting our application from 200 to 309.

Our proof would be our living situation for more than a year now and my current situation (37 weeks pregnant).

(We know that I will still need to go back to my country before approval even if the application was converted)

Questions are:

1. Will it be a good idea to convert it to 309 now? we're worried we'll wait for another year again just to get an approval.

2. We're not married yet since obviously we're waiting for the approval of our 300 application, but if we submit that we've been living in now, is that enough proof?

You must marry your partner first before converting to 309 as it is a requirement.