denngeor

New Visitor(subclass 600) or bridging visa?

I received a six month Visitor (subclass 600) visa set to expire 23 Oct 2019 when I planned to return to the U.S. Because of reduced airline schedules and don’t travel restrictions I applied for a new Visitor (subclass 600) for a period of one year. It was granted but, only until 15 Oct 2020. Because of restrictions to travel between Australian states and reduced airline schedules the logistics of traveling from my current location in Tasmania to my home in the U.S. are practically impossible. Perhaps Australian Home Affairs has a “crystal ball” that indicates this situation will improve by 15 Oct. but, I doubt it. I would like to return to the U.S. but, the Covid-19 situation continues to deteriorate. All gov.au websites warn against travel to the U.S.

If the situation does not improve should I apply for a bridging visa or a new Visitor (subclass 600)? Should I file the application prior to current expiration of 15 Oct.? If so, how soon prior?

Sammy,

Do you reckon Home Affairs will consider the reduced airline schedules, travel restrictions between states, and the Covid-19 situation in the U.S. in the determination of a new 600?

Hope they continue to do so. I’m 70+ years old. Currently living on Flinders Island, TAS where we have no reported cases of Covid-19. Although I would like to return to my U.S. home, the thought of getting on a airplane for 15 hours to get thrown into that quagmire in the U.S. makes me nauseous.