Jingelisa

I was rejected on K-1 Visa in USA. Will it affect my profile if I want to apply to study visa?

I'm entering USA on k1 visa and I got married 3 months later. I just got denied for adjustment of status due to the fact that my wife cheating me living with her ex boyfriend. The ice came to her want ask her to withdraw the application and ice also came to me and told me to withdraw the application. I withdrawn my application and my I-94 is expired. Last month I went to see a lawyer in U.S.A and she said she can't do anything since I'm entered us on k1. But the good news is there is no letter for me to see immigration court or deportation. When she enter my alien number in her system, she found nothing in the system in U.S.A. I prepare to leave U.S. next month and my application to study in Australia is being prepared now; however, I feel uncomfortable that my application/visa won't be approved given my status in U.S. If the school approve my application, will the state still can reject it? And the other items of concern are listed below, pls those who aware help me on this. Lawyer in U.S cannot advise in this matter now given they had no idea for Australia law.

Question:

- I have scan over the application to Australia and there is a question asking:

+ have you ever ask to leave to avoid deportation ?

+ have u ever been deported from other country include au ?

So, answer the questions thruthfully. AU and the US share immigration exclusion data.

If you were subject to a formal deportation order from the US, and/or an exclusion order (ie cant come back for 3 years).  DIBP will know.

However, this does not mean you will get rejected, the facts and circumstances will be considered. You will have an opportunity to explain your case.

How did you go in the end?

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 5/17/2015 at 2:14 PM, Jingelisa said:

I'm entering USA on k1 visa and I got married 3 months later. I just got denied for adjustment of status due to the fact that my wife cheating me living with her ex boyfriend. The ice came to her want ask her to withdraw the application and ice also came to me and told me to withdraw the application. I withdrawn my application and my I-94 is expired. Last month I went to see a lawyer in U.S.A and she said she can't do anything since I'm entered us on k1. But the good news is there is no letter for me to see immigration court or deportation. When she enter my alien number in her system, she found nothing in the system in U.S.A. I prepare to leave U.S. next month and my application to study in Australia is being prepared now; however, I feel uncomfortable that my application/visa won't be approved given my status in U.S. If the school approve my application, will the state still can reject it? And the other items of concern are listed below, pls those who aware help me on this. Lawyer in U.S cannot advise in this matter now given they had no idea for Australia law.

Question:

- I have scan over the application to Australia and there is a question asking:

+ have you ever ask to leave to avoid deportation ?

+ have u ever been deported from other country include au ?

hey! how did it go? did you get the visa? :)