aussieminer

How much money do you give your Thai girlfriend?

I have been with my Thai girlfriend for 8 months. When I first met her in Pattaya she was working in a beer bar off beach road, earning 6000 baht per month plus on average about 2000 baht on tips, so 8000 baht per month total not much at all.

Her room that she rented with three other girls was 1500 baht per month each, and she sent 3000 baht each month back to her mum in Udon Thani. That gave her about 3500 baht per month to live on for food, clothing and all expenses. In Aussie dollar terms she had just over $100 to live on each month. She never asked me for money at all, but I felt bad that what she lived on for an entire month, I would spend at the pub with mates in just one night. I earn very decent money so I decided to give her some money, $500 per month, so about 15000 baht. I know some of you will think this is way too much, but I can afford it and I know she really appreciates it. I would be very interested to know what some of you other guy's send your Thai girlfriends.

I have been with my Thai girlfriend for 8 months. When I first met her in Pattaya she was working in a beer bar off beach road, earning 6000 baht per month plus on average about 2000 baht on tips, so 8000 baht per month total not much at all.

Her room that she rented with three other girls was 1500 baht per month each, and she sent 3000 baht each month back to her mum in Udon Thani. That gave her about 3500 baht per month to live on for food, clothing and all expenses. In Aussie dollar terms she had just over $100 to live on each month. She never asked me for money at all, but I felt bad that what she lived on for an entire month, I would spend at the pub with mates in just one night. I earn very decent money so I decided to give her some money, $500 per month, so about 15000 baht. I know some of you will think this is way too much, but I can afford it and I know she really appreciates it. I would be very interested to know what some of you other guy's send your Thai girlfriends.

I have known guy's that dont give their Thai girlfriends any money, and I have known guy's that give their girlfriends 50,000 baht per month. If you can afford it and it makes you happy why not.

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

I give my girlfriend 2000 baht a month to help with bills. She actually earns quite decent money herself, but it is no burden for me to give it to her each month, and it is by no means a large amount.

She has never asked for money, but a few weeks ago she mentioned that her mother needed 35,000 baht to buy a new motor bike. I could see where it was leading too, and I was sure she was about to hit me up for some money to help buy the mum a new bike. I got in first and told her that she should help her mum with the money I give her each month. She sulked for the rest of the day, and I could tell she was disappointed that I just didn't offer to lend the money. I know too that if I did lend the money it would be a one-way loan as she wouldn't have the means to pay it back anyway. I wouldn't giving it to the mum as a one off, but if I did I am sure the flood gates would be open for more down the track. What do you do?

I was speaking to a mate this morning who was telling me about a friend of his that is trying to get a tourist visa for his Thai girlfriend. He has only known her for a relatively short period of time. Apparently this guy can never get through to her mobile phone at night time, but only after it is turned back on in the morning. When he questions her about it, she gets as angry as hell and hangs up on him. He is also worried that he gave her 90,000 baht to put in the bank on his recent trip over to Thailand. Give that mobile phones are a permanent appendage to any Thai female I think it is safe to say this girl has another guy (possibly a husband of Thai boyfriend) behind the scenes.

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

I just gave my Thai girlfriend 4200 baht for the tourist visa application fee and the VFS lodgement fee, does that count?

Just be thankful she got the visa application in before the 1st of July. In all likelihood visa application charges will increase from the 1st of July.

I dont hide the fact that I met my girl in a bar on Soi Cowboy. I went into it knowing that she went with customers, and that's was how she made a living. It was mt choice. I gave her 20,000 baht to stop working in the bar and go back to her village. I send her 5000 baht a fortnight, and on top of that I also pay her motorcycle payments which is 2500 baht per month. I know the score that many girls have many sponsors sending them money each month. Whilst I dont know for certain whether she has other guy's sending her money each month, I do know for certain that she is no longer working in the bar, as I call her anytime of the day or night and she answers the phone.

I dont hide the fact that I met my girl in a bar on Soi Cowboy. I went into it knowing that she went with customers, and that's was how she made a living. It was mt choice. I gave her 20,000 baht to stop working in the bar and go back to her village. I send her 5000 baht a fortnight, and on top of that I also pay her motorcycle payments which is 2500 baht per month. I know the score that many girls have many sponsors sending them money each month. Whilst I dont know for certain whether she has other guy's sending her money each month, I do know for certain that she is no longer working in the bar, as I call her anytime of the day or night and she answers the phone.

How much money you give your Thai girlfriend is no one else's business but yours. It is your money and you can do with it whatever you like.

We have all heard the stories however of some bar girls having multiple sponsors all sending them money each month. No doubt it goes on.

920x113.jpg

In three years I have probably given my Thai girlfriend no more than $1000. Granted I pay for everything when I visit her in Thailand and I am fully funding her upcoming three month stay in Australia.

She has never come straight out and asked me for money for anything. The money I have sent her was so she could buy herself something nice on birthdays etc. I have a very good mate however that has been seeing a girl he met in Pattaya six months ago and he is constantly sending her money, and yes, she is always asking him for money too. The last thing was 15,000 baht for a new smart phone after she lost hers, and his is twice now that this has happened. My mate is very naive and cant be told, but at the end of the day it is his money so he can do with it as he chooses. I just don't like seeing him being taken advantage of.

My Avatar isn't a Buffalo for nothing. Prior to meeting my lovely wife I had my fair share of bar girlfriends when Pattaya was my regular stomping ground. I probably departed with my hard earned cash a little easier back then than I do now. My Thai wife in three years has never asked me for a bean, yes I pay for 99% of everything, but she is not materialist in the slightest and never really wants much, just to be happy. It has certainly helped that she has had a good full time job for the whole time I have known her too.

My Thai wife (when she was my Girlfriend) had a good job in Bangkok which she had for over 10 years. She is university educated and speaks great English. She was however still only on about AUD$10,000 a year. Compare that with a comparative job with the same skills in Australia and she would be on five times that easily. Yes I know the cost of living in Australia is considerably higher that Thailand, but as I was earning a very decent salary back in Australia I decided to support her full time financially. It was however not just a case that I give her money and she sits around the house all day watching Thai soaps on TV. She enrolled in English classes at the British Council in Bangkok and did some further study as well. All this helped her once she was in Australia after she obtained Australian permanent residency.

At the end of the day, what a person does with their money is no one's business but theirs. What amazes me however is these guys that send their Thai girlfriends money each month so that they can sleep all day and only get up to watch TV. What kind of message does that send them? That you are a walking ATM.   

My fiancé has a duplicate card to my bank account it may seem a bad idea but she knows that should she break my trust I can cancel that card in minutes. She's had it for about a year now all she has to do is call me if she needs money which honestly isn't that often once you understand the Thai people they will look after you. I speak Thai. Look to be honest there are bad Thai girls out there absolutely and you are mad if you think there's not but one thing about mine is her honesty. I remember when we first started out I returned to Phuket and asked her had she been with someone else since I left and she said yes and had she said no I would have left her it didn't bother me that she had because I had as well and she under no obligations in that early time of the relationship.

I give my Thai girlfriend $400 a month to not work in the bar. That work's out to about 12,000 baht a month which is loose change to me, and at least I know she isn't going with guys.

Will try and get her a tourist visa to come to Oz over Xmas for three weeks, and then look at her moving permanent to Australia next year on a partner visa.

and at least I know she isn't going with guys.

You can't seriously be that stupid.....  I would bet a lot of money that if some guy came up to your "girl" and offered her a good amount of cash to stay with him for a while.. she would accept, surely if she is a bar girl.

I had to register just to reply to this madness..

Are you people SERIOUSLY sending money to Bar girls and thinking they are actually no longer working in a bar?   or not giving that money to their Thai boyfriend or husband?  Because you can be pretty sure that they ARE and if you are sending her money you can be  pretty sure that she has a few other "boyfriends" <cough>suckers<cough> overseas sending her money as well... all the while she is still making money working in the bars or freelancing or both.

trust me.. I know a guy who is 60 and now retired and living in Bangkok and only does the bar girl thing.. and has been doing it since he was 40...  He has told me stories of him being with girls while they are talking on their phone to their "boyfriends" overseas who send them money every month so they no longer need to be hookers...... the problem is they only want the money... they don't care about stopping or about you wanting them to stop.

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER TRUST ANYTHING THAT A BAR GIRL TELLS YOU.  They will lie straight through their teeth to you. Sure there are some exceptions but 9 times out of 10... they will screw you over.

A good, normal Thai girl will never ask you for money plain and simple. Even if you're boyfriend / girlfriend. If you're married, it's a little different story because Thai culture generally expects you and her to help out the family.. that's why they say.. if you marry a Thai girl, you also marry her family. So if you marry one, expect that you will be expected to support the family to some degree... that's normal..

But seriously...  You guys need to pull your heads out of your asses and stop sending Thai hookers money thinking that they are actually being loyal to you...  because they are NOT. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.

Getting romantically involved with a Bar Girl is the last thing you should ever think about doing.

I've heard stories of guys marrying Bar Girls, and the girls still send money back to their Thai husbands or Boyfriends, hiding the fact,  and eventually end up leaving back to their Thai man...

You can't seriously be that stupid.....  I would bet a lot of money that if some guy came up to your "girl" and offered her a good amount of cash to stay with him for a while.. she would accept, surely if she is a bar girl.

I had to register just to reply to this madness..

Are you people SERIOUSLY sending money to Bar girls and thinking they are actually no longer working in a bar?   or not giving that money to their Thai boyfriend or husband?  Because you can be pretty sure that they ARE and if you are sending her money you can be  pretty sure that she has a few other "boyfriends" suckers overseas sending her money as well... all the while she is still making money working in the bars or freelancing or both.

trust me.. I know a guy who is 60 and now retired and living in Bangkok and only does the bar girl thing.. and has been doing it since he was 40...  He has told me stories of him being with girls while they are talking on their phone to their "boyfriends" overseas who send them money every month so they no longer need to be hookers...... the problem is they only want the money... they don't care about stopping or about you wanting them to stop.

DO NOT EVER EVER EVER TRUST ANYTHING THAT A BAR GIRL TELLS YOU.  They will lie straight through their teeth to you. Sure there are some exceptions but 9 times out of 10... they will screw you over.

A good, normal Thai girl will never ask you for money plain and simple. Even if you're boyfriend / girlfriend. If you're married, it's a little different story because Thai culture generally expects you and her to help out the family.. that's why they say.. if you marry a Thai girl, you also marry her family. So if you marry one, expect that you will be expected to support the family to some degree... that's normal..

But seriously...  You guys need to pull your heads out of your asses and stop sending Thai hookers money thinking that they are actually being loyal to you...  because they are NOT. If you think otherwise, you're a fool.

Getting romantically involved with a Bar Girl is the last thing you should ever think about doing.

I've heard stories of guys marrying Bar Girls, and the girls still send money back to their Thai husbands or Boyfriends, hiding the fact,  and eventually end up leaving back to their Thai man...

I agree with alot with what you say. If you are paying a Thai girl so that she wont work the bar. Well, the relationship has serious issues im afraid. 

Signature.gif

I was speaking to a mate this morning who was telling me about a friend of his that is trying to get a tourist visa for his Thai girlfriend. He has only known her for a relatively short period of time. Apparently this guy can never get through to her mobile phone at night time, but only after it is turned back on in the morning. When he questions her about it, she gets as angry as hell and hangs up on him. He is also worried that he gave her 90,000 baht to put in the bank on his recent trip over to Thailand. Give that mobile phones are a permanent appendage to any Thai female I think it is safe to say this girl has another guy (possibly a husband of Thai boyfriend) behind the scenes.

Sounds wrong to me...... You can hire people to investigate people you suspect are cheating.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:08 PM, Truth hurts said:

Anyone sending any set amount Weekley or fortnightly is c..T struck wake Up to yourself it's All about the Johnny cash . As all the whores over there say you westerners have big cocks sorry I meant wallets  poor suckers

Your swearing contributes nothing. Please stop.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, Truth hurts said:

There still whinging cunts who bleed and bleed you every month

Sounds like your speaking from experience 🙂

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.