Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BlueDog

Virgin Air: All Flights Into And Out Of Bali Cancelled Today

Recommended Posts

Guest BlueDog

Update as at 11am AEST Sunday 12 July 2015




IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GUESTS WHOSE FLIGHTS TODAY HAVE BEEN CANCELLED: Guests are advised not to present at airports and not to call the Guest Contact Centre regarding their flight options at this time as there are longer than usual wait times – guests will be updated via SMS today.






The latest advice from our team of meteorologists and the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre is that conditions are no longer suitable for operations into and out of Denpasar Airport today.


We have been advised that Mt Raung continues to erupt and winds are now blowing in an unfavourable direction, and are forecast to continue to do so for the rest of the day.


Therefore Virgin Australia has cancelled all flights into and out of Denpasar today. A list of these flights is included below.


We will continue to monitor the situation closely. The safety of our guests and crew is our highest priority and we will keep customers updated as new information becomes available.


Further information


Once we have confirmed that conditions have improved, additional flights will be scheduled between Australia and Denpasar, to ensure we can have guests on their way as soon as possible.


Guests whose flights have been cancelled as a result of the volcanic activity will be able to change their booking to another date or alternative destination within 14 days without fee or receive a full travel credit. Any guests due to travel to or from Denpasar are encouraged to check the status of their flight on our website.


Urgent enquiries may be made by contacting our Guest Contact Centre on 13 67 89 (from Australia), 00 1803 061 2002 (from Indonesia) or +61 7 3295 2296 from other international locations. Please be advised that our Guest Contact Centre is currently experiencing longer than usual wait times. Guests whose flights have been cancelled today are advised not to contact the Guest Contact Centre at this time regarding their flight options as they will be updated via SMS today.




The following services on Sunday 12 July are cancelled:


VA49 MEL DPS – 0905L


VA9540 MEL DPS – 1000L


VA41 BNE DPS – 1005L


VA9542 BNE DPS – 1030L


VA65 SYD DPS – 1115L


VA57 PER DPS – 1440L


VA39 ADL DPS – 1440L


VA43 BNE DPS – 1845L


VA9550 PER DPS – 2115L


VA60 DPS PER – 1440L


VA9541 DPS MEL – 1530L


VA9543 DPS BNE – 1600L


VA46 DPS BNE – 2110L


VA54 DPS MEL – 2210L


VA70 DPS SYD – 2210L


VA9551 DPS PER – 2345L


VA64 DPS SYD – 0020L+1 (Departs early Monday morning)


VA40 DPS BNE – 0110+1 (Departs early Monday morning)



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BlueDog



Good news! We have determined it is safe to resume services in and out of Bali during daylight hours following careful consideration of the latest information from the Volcanic Ash Advisory Centre (VAAC).

This afternoon we will operate three daylight services from Bali, as well as four services from Australian airports to Bali. This will see Jetstar bring at least 680 customers back to Australia today.

We’ve prioritised access to seats on today’s additional service for customers who needed to get home urgently due to medical, hardship and other extenuating circumstances, so the extra flight from Bali to Perth has been filled by these passengers.

We’ll make our next assessment based on an updated advisory later this afternoon to determine whether or not flights can operate tonight and update customers as soon as we make a decision.

If flights proceed tonight we will operate five services from Bali to Australia overnight.

We are planning more additional services on Tuesday and Wednesday, subject to clear flying conditions. We will inform customers when these flights become available, and provide instructions on how to re-book.

As we’ve seen during the past fortnight, the ash cloud’s movement is highly unpredictable. We’ll continue to closely monitor the situation with the VAAC, and further cancellations may occur if conditions prevent safe operations. We will inform customers if this happens.

We regret the frustration these cancellations have caused but the safety of our customers and crew is always our first priority.

We’re trying to get customers home as soon as possible.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...