My mother in the Uk has been granted a 651. This was applied in error as she needed a 6 month stay which is a 600.

Question,  Can she apply for a 600 while still in the UK without any repercussions on the 651

Or can she come over on the 651 and apply for the 600 while in Australia..

HI, my daughter's boyfriend came to Australia for the 3rd time.  He was told on arrival that this is the last time he can enter the country.  Why was that? he never had any problem with authorities or anything.  

Now him and my daughter want to apply for partner's visa. They lived for one year in the USA and one year here on and off (due to the 3 months tourist visas). Now his visa expires in 3 weeks and my daughter who is suffering from depression and anxiety is going crazy because he won't be able to comeback and they don't have the money yet to apply for the partner's visa.  

My question is, can he apply for the 600 visa? On the grounds of my daughter's health problems?  

My mother in the Uk has been granted a 651. This was applied in error as she needed a 6 month stay which is a 600.

Question,  Can she apply for a 600 while still in the UK without any repercussions on the 651

Or can she come over on the 651 and apply for the 600 while in Australia..

Judith Huggett

If her visa does not carry a Condition 8503 " No further Stay" then she may apply onshore for an extension.

She can apply for a different Visa offshore, and if granted, it will replace her current visa.  If refused, the current Visa stands (unless new information comes to the surface)

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

HI, my daughter's boyfriend came to Australia for the 3rd time.  He was told on arrival that this is the last time he can enter the country.  Why was that? he never had any problem with authorities or anything.  

Now him and my daughter want to apply for partner's visa. They lived for one year in the USA and one year here on and off (due to the 3 months tourist visas). Now his visa expires in 3 weeks and my daughter who is suffering from depression and anxiety is going crazy because he won't be able to comeback and they don't have the money yet to apply for the partner's visa.  

My question is, can he apply for the 600 visa? On the grounds of my daughter's health problems?  

In short, no.

I will elaborate,

So, I assume that the boyfriend is coming to Australia on a Visitors Visa?  This being true..

DIBP do not take kindly for any visitor using a visa for the wrong purpose.  In his case I would speculate that he is using a Multiple Entry Visitors Visa to maintain a relationship, rather than a genuine tourist or visitor.  They would be asking why he does not apply for a Partner Visa.

I assume you Daughter is an Aussie citizen or PR?

Regrettably, DIBP will probably not consider your daughters conditions as a basis for further Visitors Visa for the boyfriend.  They will probably suggest a Carers Visa, but I doubt he would meet the basic criteria.  Her condition is a matter for her local family and Australian Health Authorities,  However, a talented (and costly) immigration lawyer could probably spin a case for dispensation, but I suspect that the DIBP would except to see a PV application submitted.  They would be better to use the money to submit a PV.

What is the boyfriends nationality?  It matters..

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.