ausnam

Question On Tourist Visa 600

Greetings,

My partner is currently applying online for a tourist visa from Vietnam and we're a bit stuck on a question given she is unemployed. The question asks for validation in regards to personal assets, mortgage documents etc. However she is currently living with her parents and can not provide proof of assets. Any ideas around this?

Ausnam, straight up, this will be a tough one to get.

So there is 2 issues for you;

1) Can she support herself during the stay

2) Has she a compelling reason to return to Vietnam.

To prove the ability to support herself, She must at minimum have about $1000 per month she intends to stay for in a bank account in her name.  You or her family could make this deposit.  IMMI will want to see the bank statement. Plus a letter from you committing to her accommodation and living expenses.

The reason to return will be harder. Does she have a loan for bike etc, is she required to look after her parents or a child.  IMMI will want to see that she will want to go home.  Otherwise as she is from Vietnam, it will be very very hard to establish this. A job, any job and a letter from her employer stating a job is waiting for her return is invaluable.

Depending on how committed the relationship is, the only other option is a Partner Visa.  But I would never recommend this to anyone unless they have visited Australia and understand the commitment.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

JaiDee, thanks for the reply.

Yep, that's my concern, providing sufficient evidence of returning to Viet Nam. I have written an invitation letter stating i will meet all living cost for my partners stay in Australia and accompanied supportive documentation to demonstrate my claim. Furthermore i have willing agreed to a secured bond if necessary.

As for the partner visa. Yes that's on the next list as in Viet Nam we are recognized as engaged and my partner can provide documentation to support the claim.

What about funds in her name?    Very important, letters of sponsorship are secondary.

Its uncommon for DIBP to ask for a Bond on a normal Visitor Visa, its mainly for Family Sponsored situations. However, there have been cases.

When you say partner, have you had a genuine relationship for 12+ months?  Being the case, I would go straight for a PV. But offshore processing times are long.

As she has to lodge the visa in Vietnam, I suggest you check everything well before you send the pack to her.

DIBP are human and they will try to help a genuine situation, you need to ensure her reason is to meet your family, and understand Australia better with a view to a PV.  It will help.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Odd... you suggest Partner visa, i find it odd that Australian Immigration would evaluate evidence of a relationship without one party visiting Australia. The basis of myself wanting my partner to visit me is because i have visited her several times during the relationship but she can not visit me? But if i provide sufficient documentation to support a relationship she can come on a Partner visa... wtf?

At the core of your problem is that Vietnamese female nationals, have a 74% chance of breaking tourist visa conditions. (please dont flame me over this, its public data available from the DIBP, its not an opinion, just a statement of historical fact)

Sure, its a positive sign to DIBP if the sponsored has visited Australia before,  but not essential.  

An example would be in some cultures, especially where an arranged marriage is involved, it may be inappropriate for the girl to visit first.  Also, DIBP understand that not everyone can afford to trip around the world. An intimate knowledge of Australia is desired but not essential.

You need to 'provide evidence of a genuine and enduring relationship', and i think you get all the challenges there.

As I said this is a hard case.  I only providing options for you to consider. To be honest I dont have a lot of options to suggest ;-)

So, my advice is, apply for a Offshore PV, and then a visitors Visa, this is more than often granted.  As you have established a true intent to partner, and DIBP get that you want to be together.

Disclaimer:

Thanks for your in put and time. Suppose we just battle through the BS... yay.

Mate, 

Its a hard road I understand.  I went through this myself.  Anything good takes time, and patience is essential when dealing with DIBP.

I always hoped there was a way that DIBP could see into your heart and mind and see the truth, then all this is unnecessary.

What I found helped me through the BS.. some tips, probably stupid to most, but it helped me...

Make sure its a team effort, despite the language and cultural barriers, persist and ensure that you both take the process and emotional burden. Many a time I said to myself, its easier to just do it all on my own.  Team effort, share the load.

Record EVERYTHING.  Every chat, phone call, discussion and FB Post.  One day you may need it.

Remember this....   As an Aussie, DIBP are here to serve you. They are your government at work.  Your best interests are at the core of what they want.  Trust them, be open, talk to them. 

Dont give up, but be patient.

IM me if you ever need to chat.

Disclaimer:

Very grateful, thanks.

Last count on msg correspondence was pushing almost 500k and video call hours approximately 400 hours lived with her family basically for 6 weeks on two occasions. Engaged in Viet Nam 400 witnesses (like a wedding ceremony but not sign wedding certificate ) is why i would like my partner to visit my family and parents as they were unable to travel to Viet Nam. And my parents have only seen my partner via video call. Will be 12 months in January... just would have really loved for her to meet my parents before actually marrying... but so be it. Can only try.

Thanks heaps. Have a good Christmas ✌

Hi my name is Gelai.Just wanna share my experience guys.I am 23 year old,unemployed ,no property no nothing. I applied my tourist visa last week dec. 3,2015 and today Dec. 9,2015 I got my visa granted for 3 months.I am sponsored by my boyfriend.

For me,you don't really need to show money if you are sponsored by your gf/bf stating that he will shouldered all your expenses during your proposed visit.Just one advice I will give to people who applying for visa.you just need to be genuine and careful about the documents you are submitting because their decision is based upon the docs you submitted.

I only submitted ;

PASSPORT COPY

TRAVEL HISTORY

BANK CERTIFICATE WITH MORE OR LESS 50,000 pesos

NBI CLEARANCE

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE-I just submitted one of in case but not really needed

WESTERN UNION RECEIPT SHOWING HE SENT SOME MONEY

CONVERSATIONS

PHOTOS TAKEN BEING TOGETHER

My sponsor submitted:

Passport copy

Travel history

Bank statement

Mortgage statement

Payslip

We met last april but we officially been boyfriend and girlfriend last august.so we known each other for like 8 months now. He visited me once in philippines. I was in australia last feb til may though,we travelled to different state like adelaide and Canberra.

When you apply for the visa,you need to atleast state which place you want to visit ,or what's your plans etc.

Anyway,I'm really happy with the results of my hardword in my documents.worth it! Hope this helps lil bit

Hi my name is Gelai.Just wanna share my experience guys.I am 23 year old,unemployed ,no property no nothing. I applied my tourist visa last week dec. 3,2015 and today Dec. 9,2015 I got my visa granted for 3 months.I am sponsored by my boyfriend.

For me,you don't really need to show money if you are sponsored by your gf/bf stating that he will shouldered all your expenses during your proposed visit.Just one advice I will give to people who applying for visa.you just need to be genuine and careful about the documents you are submitting because their decision is based upon the docs you submitted.

I only submitted ;

PASSPORT COPY

TRAVEL HISTORY

BANK CERTIFICATE WITH MORE OR LESS 50,000 pesos

NBI CLEARANCE

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE-I just submitted one of in case but not really needed

WESTERN UNION RECEIPT SHOWING HE SENT SOME MONEY

CONVERSATIONS

PHOTOS TAKEN BEING TOGETHER

My sponsor submitted:

Passport copy

Travel history

Bank statement

Mortgage statement

Payslip

We met last april but we officially been boyfriend and girlfriend last august.so we known each other for like 8 months now. He visited me once in philippines. I was in australia last feb til may though,we travelled to different state like adelaide and Canberra.

When you apply for the visa,you need to atleast state which place you want to visit ,or what's your plans etc.

Anyway,I'm really happy with the results of my hardword in my documents.worth it! Hope this helps lil bit

Angel1992, 

Your situation is very different, your are talking about a SECOND or THIRD visa.  As you have been in Australia before, you have already proven yourself to DIBP as reliable and trustworthy, so the chances of you overstaying are very small.  

This thread is about people applying for the first time. They face a much greater challenge, but your tips are still valid.

Disclaimer:

Hi, Veronica here.

Just want to check if The Evidence of Sufficient Fund is still necessary when i'm applying for Tourist Visa for the 3rd time?

I mean, this application will be my 3rd application as I got my Tourist Visa approved in 2011 and 2014.

If it is still necessary, how much is the minimum amount to be maintained in bank book account, let say for 2-4weeks stay?

Thank you!

Yes, Sufficient Funds must be proven every visa.  Generally $1000-$1500 per week, depending on how much friends and family will support you here.

Disclaimer:

Just wanted to spread some good news and provide some information and encouragement to others in our situation.

I met my girlfriend in the Philippines in October 2016, we got on so well and hoped for her to visit Australia this March.

She had never traveled before and so didn't have a passport. So after that was done we applied for her Visitor Visa online via the Immi Site.

It was granted today for a single stay up to 3 months, travel within 6 months.

My girlfriend is predominately a student but does part time work to support herself.

She had some problems with her college (not a great system) and so had to take some time away from her studies but intends to return to them.

So it was difficult to apply online as a student and an employee particularly as her income is not that great.

Documents uploaded:

• Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Letter from employer
  • College ID and Transcript
  • Mayor's Permit to work
  • Bank Statement - only showing AUD1000
  • Statement of Assets from her - stating her situation as a self supported student and part time worker, her regular savings, how we met and her intention to travel as a tourist and comply with any conditions.
  • Letter of Invitation from me - cover all costs  - how me met, that we were in the early stages of a relationship and wanted it to continue and develop, a simple 6 week itinerary visiting family and friends, my assurance to ensure visa was to be complied.

Key points

• Set up an IMMI on line account - I helped with the application and being online this made it very easy.
  • Complete application and upload documents - main ones certified, others verifiable
  • Be open and honest, and if you are genuine immi will look judge each case on its merits.
  • service standard 30 days, ours took 27.

Our intention now is for her to arrive here in 3 weeks, spend 3 months here.

If all goes well maybe a trip for me to the Philippines late in the year and a prospective marriage visa applied soon after then.

Happy to share and if I can help drop me a line.

Dear Fellows

Long time ago, I queried some points which was responded quite well.As I am from pakistan. At that time, when I had an intention to apply for Australia visa(sub class 600), had to postponed it, because my contract was expired . Now  I have got the contract for next year. Now i come in a position for apply. 

Q.1 My brother is settled in Australia and has got a PR approximately one year before. If he can't send  his bank statement, which is not quite sufficient. Whether It will effect on my visa application.  As I am doing a very good job in pakistan and getting good salary and good bank statement?

Q. 2 My brother was on asylum, Now approximately 1 1/2 year before, He got the PR. It it also effect on my visa application.  

Q.3 Can any body help me that How can I write the cover letter for my visa application case? 

Regards

Tahir Malik 

Hi, 

I am in the same situation, I am currently in the USA and my boyfriend lives in Australia. We have been dating for a long time but he has been the only one that has come to visit me because I am resident in the USA with a salvadorian passport, therefore i know i have to apply for the subclass 600 visa. I would like to know what can i do since I am college student and i also have a part time job, but i am afraid that is not going to be enough so they grant me the visa. my boyfriend is going to support my stay while I am there plus the money i am saving to take.

So should i put him as my sponsor or what can i do to prove that we will share my expenses? I will be only visiting for a month if i am able to get the visa

I would appreciate any suggestion, 

thank you!

I need a help to apply for a Student Visa for Australia. Actually, i am doing graduation in some reputed University in India & want to go Australia to complete my research on my topic but am not sure about the place to visit & reside as few parts are very expensive & out of my reach. I searched on internet & found microburbs site (www.microburbs.com.au) which have very unique & useful data but still need more information about it to plan better. Best preferable chances to apply for the same would be around May-June.... Hoping positive guidance on my issue.... Regards !

Angel1992, 

Your situation is very different, your are talking about a SECOND or THIRD visa.  As you have been in Australia before, you have already proven yourself to DIBP as reliable and trustworthy, so the chances of you overstaying are very small.  

This thread is about people applying for the first time. They face a much greater challenge, but your tips are still valid.

My friends GF just got her Tourist 2nd visa to Australia, she only had $1,000AUD in the bank and had been to Australia once before, they gave her a 12 month visa, is this normal? I thought you could only get 3 or 6 months

As he is not technically family, Subclass 600 will require you to prove that you have a relationship for over 12 months. If this is the case then apply for a 600.

Otherwise a general VV is applicable, but be sure you provide proof of you funds to support you, easier for just 1 month. A reason to return, and a letter of invitation and offer of support from you.

Disclaimer:

My friends GF just got her Tourist 2nd visa to Australia, she only had $1,000AUD in the bank and had been to Australia once before, they gave her a 12 month visa, is this normal? I thought you could only get 3 or 6 months

Anything is possible.  She obviously has good standing character and is from a low risk country.

But there are always exceptions, anything is possible.

Disclaimer: