AussieDude

What Not To Do On An Australian Visa Application

On 7/25/2019 at 6:44 PM, AussieDude said:

A legitimate job, will always have proof.  If you work for cash, to avoid paying tax (which is a crime in every country) or work in an illegal occupation, your job is not legitimate.

Whilst I agree with the intent and most of the information you have provided.

I disagree a legitimate job will have documented evidence to prove this.

Many people work hard in low paying jobs for cash. Just because they are paid in cash doesn't mean they are working in illegitimate jobs.

Take Thailand for an example, if you work in a job that is the minimum wage, most likely you will be paid cash and won't be given any paper work/payslips.  Also if you're paid the minimum legal wage or under 150,000 baht per year you are exempt from paying tax or lodging a PIT.

So working for cash and not paying tax is not a crime.

As I said I agree with most of your post and as you have said, it's pretty easy for immigration to verify the information you provide. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:13 PM, Nightcall said:

Whilst I agree with the intent and most of the information you have provided.

I disagree a legitimate job will have documented evidence to prove this.

Many people work hard in low paying jobs for cash. Just because they are paid in cash doesn't mean they are working in illegitimate jobs.

Take Thailand for an example, if you work in a job that is the minimum wage, most likely you will be paid cash and won't be given any paper work/payslips.  Also if you're paid the minimum legal wage or under 150,000 baht per year you are exempt from paying tax or lodging a PIT.

So working for cash and not paying tax is not a crime.

As I said I agree with most of your post and as you have said, it's pretty easy for immigration to verify the information you provide. 

Fair points mate.

The post was for Aussies helping Thai partners.  Hence when I say legitimate, I am using Australian conventions.

I did comment that there are always exceptions, and yes, a cash paid job can be legitimate, aka the shearers.

However, i take yourpoint, I will update the post accordingly.

Lets not forget that Thailand is not the only source of applicants.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Be Honest When you Post.

Almost daily we see posts from individuals that present contradictions or obvious false statements. To the informed, these lies stand out like 'dogs balls' {a quaint Australian slang expression, Google it as home work}.

We understand why people present half truths or 'bend the truth', principally it is to save face, or protect one's ego.  Mostly this behaviour is driven by cultural norms.  In Australia culture, it's expected that you are accurate, open and honest in all your dealings. Honesty is a cultural hallmark.

I move on.   As this is effectively an anonymous forum, your identity is protected,   Plus we don't really give a damn about how silly/stupid/corrupt you have been.

We would rather you were 100% open, honest and accurate when making a post, so we can better advise you.  Time and time again we have to ask ever more probing questions, to get to the facts, as your storey just does not stack up.

"So you forgot the visa was about to expire, and didn't plan anything"  shit happens, deal with it.  Dont feed us some line of bullshit that a medical emergency/family crisis/sick cow prevented you from travelling.  We are here to help not judge.

If your situation is that personal/embarrassing, then IM one of the forum leaders. I always encourage this if the matter relates to a medical or criminal issue or involves a minor.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.