Hi,

We are (my wife and I) are looking to buy a condo in Thailand instead of a Timeshare property, Can we own the condo outright? is there a special process that is needed to buy a condo, we are looking at Hua Hin as it seems a better area than Pattaya, we want something close to the beach.

Yes a foreigner can own a condo out right under the foreign quota allotment. The condo management must ensure that your purchase falls under the quota but it is best to do due diligence on the condo before purchasing. 

The money must be sent from overseas and must be specified for that particular purchase; ie the specific address of the unit you are purchasing must be noted on the foreign exchange transaction form. This form must also be presented to the Land Office to transfer the condo to your name.

The process can go smoothly if you have right documentation and proper expert guidance.Sunbelt Asia Legal Advisors  can help you with transfer of the condominium and also if you face any difficulty in opening a local bank account we can assist you with that as well.

sunbeltlogo.jpg

Making your dreams of being an entrepreneur a reality

26th Floor Fortune Town

CP Tower 2, 1 Ratchadaphisek Rd

Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400

(Phra Ram 9 MRT Station Exit 1)

Tel: 02-642-0213

Fax: 02-641-1995

Are you on Facebook or Twitter?

Receive Live Feeds and Expert Advice