marsenal

Offshore Application - Which Visa Office?

I'm wondering how the decision gets made as to which visa office processes your application?

My wife is French and we're currently based in France. Does this automatically mean Madrid office?

There's a question asking which office we would like to travel to if needed for an interview and we're putting down London and not Madrid. Does this affect the office selection?

I don't think so. I applied through the Ottawa office and when asked which is better for possible interview I chose Seattle, Washington. Regardless, I would not worry at all. My visa was approved within 8 months and I leave in January.

I don't think so. I applied through the Ottawa office and when asked which is better for possible interview I chose Seattle, Washington. Regardless, I would not worry at all. My visa was approved within 8 months and I leave in January.

Congrats Jasbassi! Good luck with planning the move. Did you ever have to go to the Seattle office?

The reason for the question is actually to do with the documents we'll need to submit. Many of our documents are in French and the Madrid office does not need these translated into English. I'm not sure if this is the case for the London office hence why we're interested to know the process. 

hi,

I did not have to attend any interview at any office. I did not even have a phone call interview. The only correspondence I had was an email where CO introduced herelf and asked me to provide one document. I provided that and was approved within 5 hours. I lodged my application on Feb 9, 2016 and am moving to Australia in Jan, 2017!

If I can help in anyway, by providing tips on evidence to supply or how to draft your stat dec, etc, please let me know!