Hi,

I am 489 visa holder currently in australia. I got married after i received my visa. What are the possible ways to get my partner to australia at the earliest.

I tried searching on immigration website but was not able to get proper answers, Any help will be appreciated.

Looking for details like processing time, documents required, visa fees and etc.

Regards

Hi Alastor

Your wife would need to apply for a 489 subsequent entrant visa. The processing time is approximately 6 months. For the visa application charge see: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees

She will need to provide evidence that the marriage is genuine. All the usual evidence will also need to be provided, such as proof of identity, English language capability, health and character etc. 

Kind regards

Lisa

Disclaimer: Please note this message is general in nature and is not intended to constitute migration or legal advice. Migration laws and policies are subject to constant change and vary depending on your circumstances. If you wish to receive migration advice please email us to arrange an appointment. 

Thanks a lot Lisa,

I am hearing one thing that i cannot apply for visa for my wife for six months after marriage.

and can apply for visa only after 6 months of marriage.

Is there any cooling period attached for 489 visa.

Thanks a lot Lisa,

I am hearing one thing that i cannot apply for visa for my wife for six months after marriage.

and can apply for visa only after 6 months of marriage.

Is there any cooling period attached for 489 visa.

I have not heard of this condition.  Spouse is Spouse.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Hello every one just need help  i got my 489 visa and i am planning to marry a girl here in Australia how can i add her in my application and what is the procedure. your help will be really appreciated Thanks in advance