nancy27

Indian Passport Holder Canadian Pr Living In Canada - Certified Documents

hello everyone!

I recently joined this forum and I am gathering details to apply for a partner visa.

I got married a month ago in India. My question is about certified documents.  

Since most of my documents - birth certificate, marriage certificate, educations documents etc. are issued in India.

I immigrated to Canada 1 year ago and since then working full time.

I can show my Canadian salary slips.

The question arises - Do I need to certify my Indian origin documents In Canada (I am currently living in Canada) or those can be certified in India as well.

What are the documents that I need to certify In Canada.

Do I need to get a certified copy of Permanent Resident card as well?

I am going for a short trip to India soon so if some documents can be attested from there,

I can proceed ahead and will get it done from there. Kindly suggest.

Also, in Canada from where should I get the documents certified for visa purpose if any Canadian on this forum can suggest please.

I don`t believe educational documents are required, please suggest. thank you 

hello everyone!

I recently joined this forum and I am gathering details to apply for a partner visa.

Since most of my documents - birth certificate, marriage certificate, educations documents etc. are issued in India.

The question arises - Do I need to certify my Indian origin documents In Canada (I am currently living in Canada) or those can be certified in India as well.

I am going for a short trip to India soon so if some documents can be attested from there,

Also, in Canada from where should I get the documents certified for visa purpose if any Canadian on this forum can suggest please.

Are you applying for your partner visa online or paper application? If it's a paper application you need to get them attested. It can be done either in india or canada. Doesn't really matter where you getting attested. If you are lodging through vfs the employees there can also do attestation.

I prefer you lodge online application. So that you don't need any attested copies. You can just do a clear colour scan and can upload the documents. Makes your life more easier.

On 3/23/2017 at 9:17 PM, nancy27 said:

hello everyone!

Hey, 

You can get your documents attested anywhere you prefer, but it's better to consult an immigration expert for the same.

1 hour ago, Shruti Pathak said:

Hey, 

You can get your documents attested anywhere you prefer, but it's better to consult an immigration expert for the same.

Congratulations Shruti you have been banned for spamming 

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

Just now, Shruti Pathak said:

?

Not contributing to the forum, but using it to post links to non-sponsors. You posting rights will be re-instated, but consider this your only warning.  

920x113.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Shruti Pathak said:

ok

I am all for people promoting their business here, but we require that they have at least contributed to the forum for a period time.

920x113.jpg