Jump to content

Tourist Visa Upgrade To Partner Visa

Recommended Posts

Hello AVF Members,


Quick query regarding VISA application !!!


I currently have Tourist VISA and i just got married with my wife on Student VISA. My the end of this week i am working to file Partner VISA application. My query is when i apply i will receive bridging visa so during this visa what are my possible rights? eg:

1. if i am allowed to work. 

2. if i am able to take short course.

3. if i am eligible for medical emergencies.

4. Possible visa decision wait time.

5. if i missed any thing.





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It depends on if there any restrictions on your BVA.


A BVA with no restrictions gives full rights to work, medicare, study. Processing times are god knows. Mine is currently saying 20-25months for the 820/801 visa. 

The BVA starts from when your tourist visa expires. So if your tourist visa expires say on January 1, that's when your BVA starts.


Also keep in mind you have to apply for a BVB to travel outside australia

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now